Monday, August 08, 2005

Sweatin' to the Oldies

I know I probably owe all of you a post about my recent marathon trip to Phoenix (Pa-hoe-nicks), and I am really going to try to get to that tomorrow, but I felt I needed to share yet another interesting happening from my new working world...

My latest foray into the world of paid employment is that of maintenance tech at a 300+ unit apartment complex. Well, this morning, I was making my usual morning rounds in my handy golf cart when I saw something that caught my eye. I looked up and all of the sudden I saw this woman jump sideways out of the front door of her ground level apartment. Then, as quickly as she jumped out, she jumped back in. I was about 25 yards away, and I sat wondering what just happened. Then, she did it again, only this time with her arms flailing. Now, if there's one way to grab my attention, its hopping around with your arms flying all over the place. So I decide to casually investigate.

As I roll my cart closer, I begin to notice some very bad music emanating from the unit, as well as a high pitched squeal. Then she hops out and back in again. Finally, I roll past the front door and take a peak as to what's going on. Lo and behold, there's Richard Simmons! Come to find out, this woman is enthusiastically "Sweatin' to the Oldies". She apparently needed more space in her living room to be able to keep up with Mr. Candy-Stripe Shorts, so she kicks open the front door and has at it.

Needless to say I laugh my rather large, un-Sweatin' to the Oldies butt off all the way back to the office. When I describe what happened to my co-workers, they look at me and say, "Oh yeah, that's Ms. So and So. She does that all the time. The one you really have to look out for is Ms. Whatnot. She does it too, naked."

My job search continues...

3 Comments:

Blogger Little Miss said...

Don't act like you and Richard Simmons aren't closely acquainted! I've heard YOUR music before...now I know what's REALLY going on.

9:47 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

Oh man. I really have to post about the naked 400 pound woman ordering an extra large supreme pizza and me being the unlucky delivery guy. Tell your wife I am lookin for a good therapist for help removing scenes like that from my head.

6:07 PM  
Blogger Just Me said...

BTW... Happy Birthday

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home