Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Welcome Back to the Workforce

Well, today was my first official day back in the working world. No, this is not a job I had hoped for. Nor is it a job that I hope to keep for very long. But it does pay actual money, and it gets me out of the house and will hopefully distract me from frighteningly comfortable obsession with kid's cartoons and the hour long block of Boy Meets World episodes every afternoon at 2 p.m.

Since this job isn't "in my field" or in an "office" (I'm actually doing manual labor), I had hoped that it would be a nice reprieve from "office drama." Not exactly. After just 1 1/2 hours on the job, I realized drama is drama is drama. After spending 20 minutes "calling" the local alligator out of a nearby lake (the local Wildlife officials allegedly encouraged the calling and feeding of said alligator on a regular basis so that it would become comfortable enough to come out of the lake so they could come by and grab it. Yeah, that sounds safe.), I found out that my boss's wife's boss was calling our work looking for my boss's wife because she had not shown up lately and she had heard that my boss was abusive and she was going to call the police because she was sure he had done something. Now he's totally upset because not only is this woman calling his work, and that could get him fired, she's accusing him of something really horrible and they have never met. Folks, this was all before lunch.

What time is Boy Meets World?

3 Comments:

Blogger Erika said...

and that's only HALF the stuff that happended.

9:23 PM  
Blogger Little Miss said...

wow...I must say that's the kind of lovin' you get down here in the south!

you weren't working in a trailer park, were you Jeff?

9:36 PM  
Blogger Just Me said...

Wow that does sound like an interesting day. Alligators, Abusive Husbands, missing wife... very exciting.

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home